The first of many

I forgot to post something that my parents did for my birthday last month...

  

These are the fruit trees my parents got me this year. I actually got four, 2 cherries and 2 apples. Dad has already taken one of the cherry trees over the hill to its new home in the field.


This is the first one we planted. It's a 6 in 1 apple tree. My parents had one in the backyard for a number of years, and it always produced very well. The only bad thing about these trees is that each tree has its own growth pattern, so these trees tend to look a little... Frankenstein-y.


This is my Idared apple. We planted it up at the front entrance of the land, and it's going to be fantastic. We noticed a lot of charcoal while we were digging the hole, so we're pretty sure this was a burning area quite some time ago.


These are the two cherry trees. A Van and a Hedelfingen. They're both sweet cherries, and will grow to about 3 to 4 meters high. They're planted at the north edge of one of the fields, close to the bee hives. I'm hoping for some sour cherries next spring, which will go just south of the sweet cherries.

So, these are the latest babies on the land. They probably won't produce next year, but should start producing the year after that.

Comments

Popular Posts